Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2006/12/23 06:11:53 UTC

Is rsync with central repo still possible?

Rsyncing with ibiblio used to be possible using the following:

rsync -v -t -l -r ftp.ibiblio.org::maven2 .

However, now that the Maven repo has moved to Contegix, this command no
longer seems to work.  Now I get the following on OS X:

@ERROR: Unknown module 'maven2'
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
/SourceCache/rsync/rsync-24/rsync/io.c(359)

Anyone know the command to rsync with the new central repo?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Is rsync with central repo still possible?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
Check at the end of
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html
rsync -v -t -l -r mirrors.ibiblio.org::maven2 /your/local/path

On 12/23/06, mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

> Rsyncing with ibiblio used to be possible using the following:
>
> rsync -v -t -l -r ftp.ibiblio.org::maven2 .
>
> However, now that the Maven repo has moved to Contegix, this command no
> longer seems to work.  Now I get the following on OS X:
>
> @ERROR: Unknown module 'maven2'
> rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
> /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-24/rsync/io.c(359)
>
> Anyone know the command to rsync with the new central repo?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.