Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2006/09/23 10:25:10 UTC

Votes - whose votes are binding?

Hi,

Just wondering whether there's a notion of PMC here? I don't remember
discussing it so either there is not or we haven't dealt with it yet.
Although there may be other options, I'd like to know whose votes are
binding when a vote is ended?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: Votes - whose votes are binding?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 9/23/06, Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:
> On 9/23/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Basically, don't worry about it. Have a vote, come to an agreement -
> > if there is significant disagreement we can worry about that then.
>
> Very well said. Thanks Brett!

A very late reply - but I wanted to add something.

+1 to Brett's general reply - but make sure that Brett, Jason and I
vote on releases/new-committers. If we're not paying attention, kick
us in the shins.

Hen

Re: Votes - whose votes are binding?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
There's a PPMC consisting of the mentors. Of course, you can expect
that to grow, especially now that the move is complete.

I believe that while in the incubator, technically the binding votes
are those of incubator PMC members. However, they're going to take
the advice of the PPMC who in turn will take the advice of the larger
group of committers.

Basically, don't worry about it. Have a vote, come to an agreement -
if there is significant disagreement we can worry about that then.

- Brett