Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Adam Cormany <ac...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/16 17:45:58 UTC

Clearing Cache

I'm running into an issue where I log in as "UserA",
logout, then log in as "UserB", I'm getting "UserA"'s
information still. I'm not sure if this is the
problem, bu is there a way to clear the cache on
Apache? I am running Apache 2.0.36 on Redhat 7.3. I've
tried both Windoze and Mac, with IE 5 as the client
and the browser is set to clear it's cache on each
session. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Adam

Re: Clearing Cache

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Adam Cormany wrote:
> I'm running into an issue where I log in as "UserA",
> logout, then log in as "UserB", I'm getting "UserA"'s
> information still. I'm not sure if this is the
> problem, bu is there a way to clear the cache on
> Apache? I am running Apache 2.0.36 on Redhat 7.3. I've
> tried both Windoze and Mac, with IE 5 as the client
> and the browser is set to clear it's cache on each
> session. Any ideas?

By being a bit tricky, you can manage this. As Owen explained, the browser
caches the username/password and send it on subsequent requests to the
directory, it's sub directories, or other documents of that "realm"
(AuthName). However, you can "teach" the browser the login info, but
constructing a url like "http://username:password@server/path" and redirect
to it (on the client side, a Apache redirect won't do it). In this way you
can do, what I call, a "static authentication" dynamicly, if you want to use
"hard/static" protection while having a custom login method etc. But this
method can also be used to "re-teach" the Browser the login info.

Regards,
Robert Andersson