Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2012/09/10 19:54:33 UTC

Removing Eclipse files from maven modules

How would everyone feel if we remove .project/.classpath/.settings from version control?

We've been going back and force on that in the past, and I usually preferred to have them in SVN. However now that m2eclipse plugin is so much better than it was in the past, and also we have many Eclipse versions with incompatible project files, I think we should reconsider that.

Andrus

Re: Removing Eclipse files from maven modules

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
I've been wondering why they are checked in, so I'd be +1 for removing them.

Thanks,

mrg

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
This is my current one:

target/
.metadata
tar.gz
.classpath
.project
.settings/
.DS_Store
*~

Has a few extra things in it (and doesn't have some of yours).

mrg

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Done (see CAY-1740). If you already have Cayenne projects in Eclipse, you should first delete them from workspace (or better - switch to a new clean workspace), then update the code from command line, and then "Import > Existing Maven Projects".

DO NOT import cayenne-server and cayenne-client - those are confusing to Eclipse (and not only to Eclipse ;)).

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

--
Aristedes Maniatis