Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by felixulis <fe...@bluewin.ch> on 2014/09/04 22:01:04 UTC

ClassNotFoundException on TomEE 1.6.0.2 for org.apache.commons.collections4 classes

Hi

When trying to use classes of the org.apache.commons.collections4 package in
my web application deployed on TomEE 1.6.0.2 I get a ClassNotFoundException.

I stripped down the web application to just one simple HttpServlet doing
nothing else but calling a method on
org.apache.commons.collections4.CollectionUtils. In the pom.xml there's
nothing else but the dependency to org.apache.commons.collections4:
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
    <artifactId>commons-collections4</artifactId>
    <version>4.0</version>
</dependency>

When deployed, the jar is in the WEB-INF/lib folder. But the exception is
still being thrown.

When using the classes from apache commons collections 3.2.1, everything
works fine.

Any tips and hints that help to find the problem's origin are much
appreciated! Thanks, Felix

Re: ClassNotFoundException on TomEE 1.6.0.2 for org.apache.commons.collections4 classes

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
well it is fixed on 1.7.0, was a "bug"

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by felixulis <fe...@bluewin.ch>.
Hi Romain,

as simple as that :-)

Problem solved. Thanks a lot!

Re: ClassNotFoundException on TomEE 1.6.0.2 for org.apache.commons.collections4 classes

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hi

add openejb.classloader.forced-load=org.apache.commons.collections4.
in conf/system.properties