Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lucioni Lorenzo <lu...@dsdata.it> on 2002/09/06 17:35:04 UTC

Apache SOAP deployied in Tomcat, a little question

Hi,
I've just installed Tomcat 4.0.4 and I deployed Apache SOAP 2.3.1 successfull.
When I try to have any of SOAP function (list of application or deploy or un-deploy) I have java errors due to an incorrect class-path.
It means, for example, jasper doesn't fount tools.jar or mail.jar ... I have them in my jdk lib directory and I have them in the system classpath (CLASSPATH environment variable), but Tomcat seems to override the CLASSPATH enviromnent variable searching just in %CATALINA_HOME%\bin so I need to copy jdk jars (such as tools.jar) there.
Why tomcat doesn't use the CLASSPATH variable instead of override it?

Thank you very much,
Lorenzo