Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2003/02/23 13:57:53 UTC

Hook script from 'dav mirror' branch?

Hi,

I need to setup a read only mirror of one of  our svn repositories. I have
searched through the mailing list archive and found that there is a
dav-mirror branch. As far as I understand there should be a hook script in
this branch which does excatly what I need, but I wasn't able to find it in
dav-mirror branch.

Could anybody give me a hint where to find it?

Thanks

Gerald

Re: Hook script from 'dav mirror' branch?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> There isn't a hook script for it, per se.
>
> But, the general idea is to do the following as a post-commit hook on
> the master repository:

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to create such a script and let you know
if I have any sucess...

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
--On Sunday, February 23, 2003 2:57 PM +0100 Gerald Richter
<ri...@ecos.de> wrote:

> I need to setup a read only mirror of one of  our svn repositories.
> I have searched through the mailing list archive and found that
> there is a dav-mirror branch. As far as I understand there should
> be a hook script in this branch which does excatly what I need, but
> I wasn't able to find it in dav-mirror branch.
>
> Could anybody give me a hint where to find it?

There isn't a hook script for it, per se.

But, the general idea is to do the following as a post-commit hook on
the master repository:

svnadmin dump --incremental -r ${REV} > dump-file
for i in ${SLAVES}; do
  scp dump-file ${i}:tmp/
  ssh ${i} svnadmin load ${SLAVE_REPOS_PATH} < tmp/dump-file
done

-/-

That's the general idea.  HTH.  -- justin