Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Charles Earl <ch...@me.com> on 2012/12/30 04:23:04 UTC

Authenticating to database without password prompt

I believe that the capability to authenticate to the source database via a client is what is proposed in  SQOOP-795, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-795? So that there is currently no way to authenticate in sqoop without a prompt on each database access.
I assume that in practice for large numbers of transfers secure connection alternatives are custom engineered by users?

Re: Authenticating to database without password prompt

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Charles,
first cut of Sqoop 2 was released as a Christmas present [1]. You can download first bits from usual place [2], documentation is available online [3].

I would like to stress that this release is really a first cut of the Sqoop2 branch that we've provided to give our users chance to test first usable bits. Goal is to gather feedback and incorporate changes now, when it might be relatively cheap. This release is definitely not a feature complete and might not be as stable as current stable (1.4) branch.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://markmail.org/thread/dbrjmpd5shju3fve
2: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/sqoop/1.99.1