Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Johnson <sn...@nc.rr.com> on 2002/07/11 03:03:38 UTC

Check boxes in a table

Part of my Roller app is a bookmark management interface.
I show all of the bookmarks in an HTML table with links
to edit and remove the bookmarks.  The page looks like this:

http://rollerweblogger.org/userguide/edit-folder.gif

Currently, I use a custom tag to emit the HTML for the bookmark
table.  Now, I want to put a check-box on each row so that
a user can indicate multiple bookmarks to be deleted or to
be moved to another bookmark folder.

What is the best way to do this?

My initial impression is that I should use a Struts form around,
the table, a Struts iterator to iterate through the rows of the
table, and a Struts multibox to handle the check-boxes.

Is this the right approach?  Surely, other must have done this
type of interface before with Struts.  Any ideas?

- Dave