Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Gaber <Br...@ssc-spc.gc.ca> on 2014/10/09 16:56:56 UTC

[users@httpd] OpenLDAP Prerequesite in Apache 2.4 to use LDAPRetries Directive

This morning I have upgraded to Apache 2.4.10 and have added this directive to httpd.conf

    LDAPRetries 3

However, my Firefox browser keeps prompting for username and password regardless of how many time I enter incorrect values.

I have OpenLDAP 2.4.21 installed.  Do I need a newer version of OpenLDAP?

Thanks.

Brian

Re: [users@httpd] OpenLDAP Prerequesite in Apache 2.4 to use LDAPRetries Directive

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Brian Gaber <Br...@ssc-spc.gc.ca>
wrote:

> This morning I have upgraded to Apache 2.4.10 and have added this
> directive to httpd.conf
>

>     LDAPRetries 3
>

> However, my Firefox browser keeps prompting for username and password
> regardless of how many time I enter incorrect values.
>

> I have OpenLDAP 2.4.21 installed.  Do I need a newer version of OpenLDAP?

​It should be independent, Apache uses this value directly, it doesn't pass
it down into the LDAP SDK.  if you want to share LogLevel trace8 w/ and w/o
LDAPRetries privately (it would have user/pass) you can email it directly
to me.