Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/23 20:56:52 UTC

0.10 release Hangout

We'll be getting on a Google Hangout tomorrow, Tuesday, from 9-11 a.m.
Pacific, to work through open questions for what should be in the release,
go through Jira, and do some delegation of tasks.

Here's the Hangout URL
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/calendar/YW5kcmV3Lm11c3NlbG1hbkBnbWFpbC5jb20.glvu1gfv3kvj5241n9bsg3clrc

See you then!

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 24, 2015, at 11:36 AM, Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> wrote:
>
> Andrew are you keeper of the agenda?
>
> I only have the first hour so my $0.02 worth.
> 1) Agree with Suneel that one top goal should be a Hadoop 2, Java 7, upgraded libs version of mrlegacy because at this point no Mahout release runs on the big distros.
> 2) Refactor of mrlegacy to remove it as a dependency of the scala environment
> 3) can we hand out docs to volunteers? This may mostly be done but I think Andy would know better. I’ll take legacy and scala recommender stuff and an example of writing an app that uses Mahout as a lib.
> 4) get a volunteer to do whatever is required to perform the release (pending the vote) and any necessary build changes to get there (Suneel?)

Leave the final release stuff etc to me

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
The agenda I have written down is:
(1) Discuss goals for the hangout
(2) Discuss goals for release
  a. Feature scope
  b. Refactoring scope
  c. Renaming things
  d. Fix the build
  e. Maintain docs
  f. Plan to publicize release
  g. Other
(3) Jira bug bash lite
  a. Look at open, resolved, closed
  b. Tag 0.10.0 for what's in this release
  c. Close irrelevant/non- bugs
  d. Assign or inform owners
(4) Schedule next calls/hangouts
(5) Plan target date for release, plan target date for re-assessment as
needed

I'll pull together whatever notes you guys have sent over but will rely on
people to help guide the conversation since there's a lot flying around.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.
Stevo, why don't u work on that ?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
Oh ha yes, April + 1 month, a.k.a. May.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.
yeah lets shoot for April 5 code freeze.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com>.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
I thought I heard 1.0 suggested for the next major release, and it made
sense to me.

As for 0.10.1, sure, can do them monthly or bi-monthly.

RE: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@hotmail.com>.
Based on the call summary is there an immediate area where volunteers can chip in and help, I was trying to help with docs around MAHOUT-1648 with AndrewP but wasnt sure that was the best use of time.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
Right I was supposed to create a Jira, coming up.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
I created it last week so only a few Jiras reference that as a fix-by.

BTW, the 0.10 was a typo, should use 0.10.0 since there is already a 0.10.1 tag

On Mar 23, 2015, at 3:18 PM, Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

Any sense of how clean/true this 0.10.0 release tag is in Jira?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT/fixforversion/12329709/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Andrew Musselman <

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.10 release Hangout

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.