Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve Frechette <st...@ccierp.com> on 2006/06/23 14:06:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Setup / Forwarding Issue

Ok,

So I setup Joomla! at work today, got home and decided hey! I'm going to
install on my home computer too and move my website there! Awesome! Well,
ran into several problems.

I cannot seem to get this "Virtual Server" to work from home. I set it up at
my workplace and the forwarding went fine, however when I type in
http://www.objectinspace.com it takes me to my router screen. And when I
type it in from somewhere else outside my network it goes to the xampp page,
NOT the /objectinspace directory located in the htdocs folder. How do I
remedy this? i have included screenshots.

So basically I can't figure out how to get it to go to objectinspace.com
when that is typed in as it is in htdocs/objectinspace instead of going to
the xampp folder.

http://ccierp.com/UserFiles/Image/edit1.bmp

http://ccierp.com/UserFiles/Image/edit2.bmp

Re: [users@httpd] Setup / Forwarding Issue

Posted by Jesse Ross <jr...@broad.mit.edu>.
Hi Steve,

It's tough to say what the problem is without a knowledge of Joomla.  So
I'd suggest you might try asking this question at a Joomla venue such as
http://forum.joomla.org/

If you think this is an apache-specific question, please provide details
from your httpd.conf and explain what you mean by things like "xampp
page".  Be sure to put it in the text of your email rather than a screen
shot - many people on this list will simply skip over your email when
they see the lack of information, and not even look at the attachments.

Take care,
Jesse Ross