Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Eric Wadsworth <er...@wadhome.org> on 2011/12/10 02:18:02 UTC

hadoop versions

Folks,

Sqoop builds with ant just fine. The tests pass ("ant test"). This goes
against hadoop 0.23; at least, that's what shows up in the ivy directories.

But in the pom.xml, there is a different dependency:

<!--
<hadoopVersion>0.20.203.0</hadoopVersion>
     -->
<!-- FIXME Cloudera Distribution dependency version -->
<hadoopVersion>0.20.2-cdh3u1</hadoopVersion>

Out of the box, I can build with maven, with just a couple of tweaks
(skipping tests because one fails, rm CHANGES.txt to make the RAT
happy). But if I switch to the other version of hadoop, I get lots of
errors.

Why the discrepancy between ant and mvn builds? Or am I missing something?

--- wad

Re: hadoop versions

Posted by Kate Ting <ka...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Jarcec - suggestions on what pom.xml should be renamed to?

Regards, Kate

Re: hadoop versions

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: hadoop versions