Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by ocket 8888 <oc...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/20 21:49:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control -RC

Hello All,

I've prepared a release for v5.0.0-RC0

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Changes since 4.1.0:
https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/compare/4.1.0...RELEASE-5.0.0-RC0

This corresponds to git:
Tag: RELEASE-5.0.0-RC0

Which can be verified with the following: git tag -v RELEASE-5.0.0-RC0

My code signing key is available here:
https://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?search=0xF5D560A373B76FA302A95DBFCDFE430685982C95&fingerprint=on&op=index

Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures.
Also, their SSL key seems messed up right now, so you might get a browser
warning.

The source .tgz file, pgp signature (.asc signed with my key from
above), and sha512 checksums are provided here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/trafficcontrol/5.0.0/RC0

Thanks!
ocket8888 ocket8888@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control -RC

Posted by Eric Friedrich <er...@gmail.com>.
I am -1 on the release as the tarball does not build.

Signatures and checksums otherwise look good.

Here is the resulting error message:
+ mkdir -p src pkg bin /tmp/go/src/github.com/apache
+ rsync -a --exclude=/dist --exclude=/.m2 /trafficcontrol/ /tmp/go/src/
github.com/apache/trafficcontrol
+ '[' -d /tmp/go/src/github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/.git ']'
+ rsync -a /trafficcontrol/.git /tmp/go/src/github.com/apache/trafficcontrol
rsync: link_stat "/trafficcontrol/.git" failed: No such file or directory
(2)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors)
(code 23) at main.c(1179) [sender=3.1.2]
+ exit_code=23
+ '[' 23 -ne 0 ']'
+ echo 'Error on line 1 of /clean_build.sh'
Error on line 1 of /clean_build.sh
+ cleanup
+ setowner /trafficcontrol /trafficcontrol/dist
++ stat -c%u:%g /trafficcontrol
+ own=0:0
+ shift
+ '[' -n /trafficcontrol/dist ']'
+ chown -R 0:0 /trafficcontrol/dist
+ exit 23
Failed to build source traffic_monitor_build traffic_ops_build
traffic_ops_ort_build traffic_portal_build traffic_router_build
traffic_stats_build grove_build grovetccfg_build docs.

Posted by Eric Friedrich <er...@gmail.com>.