Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Mav Peri <ma...@optasports.com> on 2011/09/24 20:55:10 UTC

update cache in background

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to get ATS on stale hit to serve from cache and refresh
the cache in the background?

The use case is when we are experiencing issues with the origin server I
would like to serve stale content (compared to nothing) and then get ats
to refresh it in the background instead of holding traffic up.

Thanks

Mav

RE: update cache in background

Posted by "ming.zym@gmail.com" <mi...@gmail.com>.
I think that TS have something really like the squid done, it will try
to serve stale content as much as possible. if someone would like to
take a deep look at what we can do, may start from
HttpTransact::is_stale_cache_response_returnable(State* s) in
proxy/http/HttpTransact.cc.

Florian Diederichsen is watching on this request too. looks we need to
get it clear.

thanks

在 2011-09-26一的 22:29 +0100,Mav Peri写道:

Posted by Miles Libbey <ml...@apache.org>.