Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tomw <to...@ubilix.com> on 2012/11/11 10:15:38 UTC

How to insert documents into differenet indexes

Hi,

I 've set up a Solr instance with multiple cores to be able to use
different indexes for different applications. The point I'm struggling
with is how do I insert documents into the index running on a specific
core? Any clue appreciated.

best

--
tomw <to...@ubilix.com>

Re: How to insert documents into differenet indexes

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 11 November 2012 15:06, tomw <to...@ubilix.com> wrote:
[...]
> Thanks, that seems to work. Life can be so simple. Unfortunately this
> case isn't mentioned in any of the sections covering updates in the
> wiki.

While this could be made clearer, it should not be very difficult
to guess at the update URL for a specific core in a multi-core
setup from the examples in http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Full_Import_Example
also mentions multiple cores in passing.

Regards,
Gora

Re: How to insert documents into differenet indexes

Posted by tomw <to...@ubilix.com>.

Posted by Rafał Kuć <r....@solr.pl>.
Hello!

Just use the update handler that is specific to a given core. For
example if you have two cores named core1 and core2, you should use
the following addresses (if you didn't change the default
configuration):

/solr/core1/update/

and

/solr/core2/update/