Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Marcel Müller <cr...@gmx.de> on 2004/05/21 05:02:05 UTC

Serialize dom instance -> namespaces

Hi,

I try to call a .NET webservice via AXIS. I have to transfer an xml file to
the WS and get an XML File back. That works well. Now I added digital
signatures to my xmlfile and now I got some problems. I can verify the xml
response from the WS with AXIS and xmlsec. But unfortunately not the other
way round. I had a look at the request SOAP message and found something
interesting. All namespaces are added to each subnode again. Look at the
sample. That is a childnode of the root node.

<sam:Book ISBN="123" author="dsfa" title="adfas" xmlns=""
xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"
xmlns:sam="http://www.it.usyd.edu.au/comp5347/2004/SAM/Marketplace"
</sam:Book>

I guess I have to remove those xmlns attributes somehow. The problem is I
don't know how. I generated the client stub with WDSL2JAVA. I don't
understand the generated code very well so the answer is probably in that
piece. As far as I understand the code uses a DocumentSerializer() instance
to serialze the dom document.

Do you know what I can do to remove the unnesseary namespace attributes in
the Document ? Or dou you have some sample code which sends an xml file via
Soap to a webservice ?

Thanks for your help.

Marcel