Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by je...@socialchange.net.au on 2001/06/10 06:46:46 UTC

Cocoon 2 as a Stylebook replacement?

Hi,

A long time ago, Stefano wrote:

"Cocoon2 will, in fact, be the integration between Cocoon1 and
Stylebook." [1]

Now since Cocoon 2 lets you generate websites offline, does that mean
that a suitably configured and repackaged Cocoon 2 could replace
Stylebook? Is this desirable? What would it take for this to happen?

thanks,

--Jeff

[1] xdocs/drafts/cocoon2-docbook.xml

Re: Cocoon 2 as a Stylebook replacement?

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 jeff@socialchange.net.au wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A long time ago, Stefano wrote:
>
> "Cocoon2 will, in fact, be the integration between Cocoon1 and
> Stylebook." [1]
>
> Now since Cocoon 2 lets you generate websites offline, does that mean
> that a suitably configured and repackaged Cocoon 2 could replace
> Stylebook?

Well, haven't investigated very much but I think it could replace
Stylebook. The problem is the repackaging and how big that package will
be compared to all the other site generating tools around here
(Stylebook, Alexandria).

> Is this desirable?

I don't know for today. It was a old promise from Stefano.

> What would it take for this to happen?

Combined efforts :)

Giacomo