Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Kevin Baynes <kb...@seagullsw.com> on 2002/07/02 16:53:54 UTC

RNFE in Tomcat4

Below is my previous post about RNFE in Tomcat 4 (Win32), where my WebApp
works fine in Tomcat 3 on Win32, in Resin on Linux, in WebSphere on OS/390
and AS/400. I had hoped that maybe it was just something about my test
machine, but the error just showed up on a client's machine who has Tomcat 4
and JDK 1.3.1. I'm using velocity-1.3-rc1.

I've attached my log (Admin.log) which shows the ClassPathResourceLoader
initializing, and then shows the velocimacro initilizing Velocity but then
being unable to find any of the resources (which are there and which can be
found under the other Servlet containers).

Due to the fact that it does run in other containers, I believe the
Properties that I pass to Velocity during it's initialization are correct.
I'm including my Java code (Administrator.java) which shows me creating the
Velocity object and then initializing it. I'm using Velocity Helper class as
in a General Application (even though it is a Servlet, I do not subclass
VelocityServlet).

I'm also including the Error that I trap and send back to the browser
(Error.txt). I also print out some debug info after the error.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me. I'm pretty much stumped at this
point.

Thanks! :-)

~Kevin