Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> on 2009/12/30 06:15:06 UTC

[VOTE RESULT] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6

So, it looks like we still have some work to do for 5.1.0.6 - the vote
didn't pass.

I'll remove the 5.1.0.6 tag from svn, revert the poms to 5.1.0.6-SNAPSHOT
and someone needs to add an issue for the problem outlined in this thread,
mark it for 5.1.0.6 and tackle it... and perhaps add some docs! Then i can
redo the release

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
5.1.0.7 it is then!

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm good on skipping to 5.1.0.7.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> I'm not sure if there's a proper action for this - we have done this as well
> (for instance 4.1.4 and a few 5.0 releases) but i somehow got the
> impression ppl 'disliked' skipping numbers... anyway, i can easily bring
> back the tag, and we can head for 5.1.0.7 if others feel strongly about it.
>
> So, i'm personally fine with skipping 5.1.0.6 - it makes sense. The
> only 'problem' i can find with that approach is the release notes! 5.1.0.7
> would only have one item which doesn't really show the amount of work
> done since the previous release. Anyway, tough call... can't make up my
> mind
>
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 09:54, David Rees <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
>>> So, it looks like we still have some work to do for 5.1.0.6 - the vote
>>> didn't pass.
>>>
>>> I'll remove the 5.1.0.6 tag from svn, revert the poms to 5.1.0.6-SNAPSHOT
>>> and someone needs to add an issue for the problem outlined in this thread,
>>> mark it for 5.1.0.6 and tackle it... and perhaps add some docs! Then i can
>>> redo the release
>>
>> Isn't the proper action under Apache projects to leave the 5.1.0.6
>> tagged as is, but simply not released?
>>
>> Then continue work on 5.1.0.7 and put that up for a vote - if passed,
>> then it gets officially released.
>>
>> At least that's how httpd/Tomcat work.
>>
>> -Dave

> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry / Tacos developer
> Open Source / JEE Consulting

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Posted by David Rees <dr...@gmail.com>.