Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/13 01:13:10 UTC

Additional build definitions are not being run (e.g. nightly build schedule)

I have defined for my top level projects a second build definition

Goals = site site:deploy
Arguments = --batch-mode
POM File =pom.xml
Profile = DEFAULT
Schedule = NIGHTLY_SITE_BUILD
>From = Project

Where NIGHTLY_SITE_BUILD is (runs at 7:15 pm mon-fri)
Name = NIGHTLY_SITE_BUILD
Description = Build and deploy the site nightly
Cron = 0 15 19 ? * MON-FRI
Quiet Period (seconds) = 0

I'm finding that my site documentation is saying "Last Published:
06/28/2006" indicating it is not running as expected.

If I look at the "Builds" section of the project under Continuum, then
there isn't any way to tell which schedule caused the build to occur,
but none of them appear to be starting at 7:15pm.

I'm assuming that this is failing because there have been no changes
to the repository and hence the default build has already successully
built the project and the secondary build definition will not fire.

So I have added the parent project again to Continuum, and deleted the
module definitions that automatically get added.  So now I have two
projects with the same name in Continuum but I can have different
build definitions for these two projects.

Is this the way people are expecting things to work?

Re: Additional build definitions are not being run (e.g. nightly build schedule)

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Barrie Treloar a écrit :
> I have defined for my top level projects a second build definition
>
> Goals = site site:deploy
> Arguments = --batch-mode
> POM File =pom.xml
> Profile = DEFAULT
> Schedule = NIGHTLY_SITE_BUILD
>> From = Project
>
> Where NIGHTLY_SITE_BUILD is (runs at 7:15 pm mon-fri)
> Name = NIGHTLY_SITE_BUILD
> Description = Build and deploy the site nightly
> Cron = 0 15 19 ? * MON-FRI
> Quiet Period (seconds) = 0
>
> I'm finding that my site documentation is saying "Last Published:
> 06/28/2006" indicating it is not running as expected.
>
> If I look at the "Builds" section of the project under Continuum, then
> there isn't any way to tell which schedule caused the build to occur,
> but none of them appear to be starting at 7:15pm.

A build is started and saved only if changes appears in your scm. We don't rebuild a project if ther
aren't changes since the last execution of the current build definition.

In 1.1, you'll can choose for a build definition if you want to build a project with or without changes.