Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Alexander Smirnov <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/22 18:41:32 UTC

Flink program without a line of code

Hi guys!

I’m new to Flink, and actually to this mailing list as well :) this is my first message.
I’m still reading the documentation and I would say Flink is an amazing system!! Thanks everybody who participated in the development!

The information I didn’t find in the documentation - if it is possible to describe data(stream) transformation without any code (Java/Scala).
I mean if it is possible to describe datasource functions, all of the operators, connections between them, and sinks in a plain text configuration file and then feed it to Flink.
In this case it would be possible to change data flow without recompilation/redeployment.

Is there a similar functionality in Flink? May be some third party plugin?

Thank you,
Alex

Re: Flink program without a line of code

Posted by Alexander Smirnov <al...@gmail.com>.
thank you so much for the responses, guys!

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.
Hi Alexander,

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,