Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Hensley, Richard" <Ri...@itb.mckhboc.com> on 2001/04/04 01:35:02 UTC

Declarative Security

I'm very new to Turbine, however it seems that a declarative security setup
is missing. I've worked with EJB containers like WebLogic that have a nice
XML format for declaring roles and permissions required to access methods.
I'm wondering if some of those concepts could be stolen and implemented for
actions, screens, navigations, and layouts? Is there any such thing in the
works?

Richard Hensley
mailto:richard.hensley@itb.mckhboc.com

Re: Declarative Security

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
"Hensley, Richard" wrote:

> I'm very new to Turbine, however it seems that a declarative security setup
> is missing. I've worked with EJB containers like WebLogic that have a nice
> XML format for declaring roles and permissions required to access methods.
> I'm wondering if some of those concepts could be stolen and implemented for
> actions, screens, navigations, and layouts? Is there any such thing in the
> works?

Yes, a PolicyService whereby you can specify the access to screens and
actions
in a policy service implementation. The first crack at one I wanted to
do
would use an XML file. There was a post about this yesterday WRT the
pull service/pull model and trying to eliminate the need to write
screens.

Then ideally you would be able to manage this with an admin module
to control access to the site.

> Richard Hensley
> mailto:richard.hensley@itb.mckhboc.com

jvz.