Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Dave Guzda <dg...@silverbirchstudios.com> on 2005/05/17 20:08:20 UTC

Very Confused.

Hello,

I'm trying to get *anything* to work with the iBatis setup and I'm having very little success...

I've tried to follow the tutorial and setup the PetStore example but nothing runs for me. I'm sure it is some sort of configuration issue...

I'm very new to Java ... so I'm sure that isn't helping. (Other applets and .java files do successfully access my database)

When I try to enter the store (JPetStore) I get :
HTTP Status 400 - Invalid path /pet/shop/index was requested
I also tried the example from this mailing list found here. It also won't run for me.
http://www.mail-archive.com/ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org/msg01759.html

Dave

Re: Very Confused.

Posted by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com>.
It is difficult to give you advice on this sort of proble. Check your
logs and make sure you aren't getting an exception. Also, please post
your environment and give more detail on your setup. What Servlet
container are you running, what version of ibatis jpetstore, what
version of jdk etc...

Thanks,
Brandon

Re: Very Confused.

Posted by Brice Ruth <bd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

If you're new to Java, I wouldn't suggest trying to setup jPetstore
... that can be kinda tricky even for folks who've been around Java
for a while.

I would suggest setting up your SqlMap.xml and sql-map-config.xml
files, as provided in the tutorial, and then creating a SqlConfig file
that initializes the configuration and provides a static method that
returns the SqlMapClient instance.

Then, create a very simple application that gets a SqlMapClient
instance and calls a query and verifies the results.

Let me know if that works for you - if you need more guidance (e.g.
code), I can help you with that, too.

Brice

--
Brice Ruth
Software Engineer, Madison WI

Re: Very Confused.

Posted by Matt Raible <li...@raibledesigns.com>.
I've created a couple of web applications designed to help you get
started using frameworks like iBATIS quickly.

http://equinox.dev.java.net
http://appfuse.dev.java.net

Let me know if you'd like me to build one with a particular web
framework (Struts, JSF, Spring, WebWork or Tapestry) and I'll upload it
for you (or provide a link).

Matt