Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Anubhav Kale <An...@microsoft.com> on 2016/05/10 20:26:01 UTC

Nodetool repair question

Hello,

Suppose I have 3 nodes, and stop Cassandra on one of them. Then I run a repair. Will repair move the token ranges from down node to other node ? In other words in any situation, does repair operation ever change token ownership ?

Thanks !

Re: Nodetool repair question

Posted by Joel Knighton <jo...@datastax.com>.
No - repair does not change token ownership. The up/down state of a node is
not related to token ownership.

--

<http://www.datastax.com/>

Joel Knighton