Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2019/11/20 06:49:52 UTC

[DISCUSS] JMX Default Context

Hi guys,

I'm working on adding JMXMP connector on Karaf JMX layer (in addition of
the RMI connector we already have).

I was thinking about the default JMX context we are using.

Right now, our context contains the Karaf instance name. For users, it
means they have to use service URL like
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/karaf-foo

It's not very convenient/predictable: for instance, in jconsole, the
users have to use the full service URL.
Of course, they can change the URL to use /jmxrmi in
etc/org.apache.karaf.management.cfg but it's not the default.

I propose to either:
1. Use /jmxrmi context instead of /karaf-${karaf.name}
2. Keep the default /karaf-${karaf.name} context and add an "alias" on
/jmxrmi

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] JMX Default Context

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Hi,

Agree with Romain, karaf name instance is not necessary because each
instance have its own port.

regards,

François
fpapon@apache.org

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Child instances have dedicated port number, so it's not a problem.

Regards
JB

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello