Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/03/05 00:05:05 UTC

Re: some scores to 0 using omitNorns=false

: >> We did some tests with omitNorms=false. We have seen that in the last
: >> result's page we have some scores set to 0.0. This scores setted to 0 are
: >> problematic to our sorters.
: >>
: >> It could be some kind of bug?

It could be, but it isn't neccessarily.

"0.0" is a perfectly legal score that can result from a query ... q=solr^0
is an example of a query that will most certainly result in a score of 0
for a matching document, but there are lots of other possibilities as
well.  (Even negative scores are possible if you use function queries)

You would need to provide some details about your queries/docs/schema
(including the explain output from debugQuery) to really have any idea
whether the zero scores you are getting are "correct" or a bug.

-Hoss