Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2010/10/06 23:10:11 UTC

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.3

On 03/10/2010 00:47, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.3 release is now available for voting.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/tomcat-7/v7.0.3/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_3/
>
> As with previous votes, I have included a stable option below although
> my personal inclination is still to vote beta.
>
> The proposed 7.0.2 release is:
>
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 7.0.2 Alpha
> [ ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 7.0.2 Beta
> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.2 Stable
>
> This vote will run for 72 hours.

The vote failed to gather enough votes but that is somewhat academic
since the release is broken (missing license file in one source file).

I'm assuming folks didn't vote because they thought I'd cancel the vote
due to the licensing issue.

I'm aiming to run the tests again this coming weekend with a tag / vote
sometime over the weekend or maybe early next week depending on what the
tests find. In the meantime, I'll be working my way through the open
bugs between now and then.

Mark