Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alex Jones <al...@ntlworld.com> on 2003/06/01 18:57:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Apache2 on Win9x

Apologies in advance if I'm misusing this mailing list, I'm a newbie :E

After installing the service, "Apache2" appears in the Apache Service
Monitor. However, it cannot be started from there, the only way to start
it is by using "apache -k start". The monitor does pick up on this, but
then it fails to be able to stop or restart it. Running "apache -k stop"
fails:

The Apache2 service is stopping.

And nothing happens for about a minute before it finally terminates
without terminating the service.

Any ideas? I really would like to get Apache2 working properly under
Windows ME :(

Thanks in advance

Alex Jones

RE: [users@httpd] Re: Apache2 on Win9x

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
First of all, the apache service monitor is there for NT systems.
Therefore, if you want to use it, simply upgrade it. :)
But in order to operate apache correctly on win9x systems, use apache -k
start and apache -k stop.

There's one more switch that you might be able to use, but I have no
experience with it, apache -k runservice. That's how it works on NT systems,
so you may try to see if that works.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com