Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2018/08/15 08:21:48 UTC

[VOTE] Release Felix System Ready 0.4.0

The main change in this release is to have two kinds of checks: liveness
and readiness. This matches what kubernetes wants to check.  At least in
kubernetes failing the liveness tests means the pod is killed and
recreated. Failing readiness tests means the pod is taken out of the load
balancer and added again once the tests pass again.

A readiness test is also considered a liveness test but not the other way
round.

Configuration stays compatible.
The spi for creating your own tests is incompatible now though. So keep
that in mind when updating.
We only increased the minor version of the package export as we are still
in 0.x. We know that this
does not conform to semantic versioning but we want the first stable api to
be 1.0.

Release Notes - Felix - Version systemready-0.4.0

** Bug
    * [FELIX-5903] - FrameworkStartCheck does not work by default on
bndtools
    * [FELIX-5907] - Add media type application/json to the reporter and
ootb servlets

** Improvement
    * [FELIX-5899] - Add liveness checks

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FELIX/versions/12343656

Staging repository:
*https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1245/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1245/>*

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1245 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Here is my
+1 (non binding)

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix System Ready 0.4.0

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks !

regards,

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org

Posted by Andrei Dulvac <du...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
+1

- Ray

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix System Ready 0.4.0

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix System Ready 0.4.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Christian Schneider wrote

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Felix System Ready 0.4.0

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
This vote passes with 3 binding +1, 3 non binding +1 and no other votes.
I will release the artifacts.

Christian

Am Mi., 15. Aug. 2018 um 10:21 Uhr schrieb Christian Schneider <
chris@die-schneider.net>:

> The main change in this release is to have two kinds of checks: liveness
> and readiness. This matches what kubernetes wants to check.  At least in
> kubernetes failing the liveness tests means the pod is killed and
> recreated. Failing readiness tests means the pod is taken out of the load
> balancer and added again once the tests pass again.
>
> A readiness test is also considered a liveness test but not the other way
> round.
>
> Configuration stays compatible.
> The spi for creating your own tests is incompatible now though. So keep
> that in mind when updating.
> We only increased the minor version of the package export as we are still
> in 0.x. We know that this
> does not conform to semantic versioning but we want the first stable api
> to be 1.0.
>
> Release Notes - Felix - Version systemready-0.4.0
>
> ** Bug
>     * [FELIX-5903] - FrameworkStartCheck does not work by default on
> bndtools
>     * [FELIX-5907] - Add media type application/json to the reporter and
> ootb servlets
>
> ** Improvement
>     * [FELIX-5899] - Add liveness checks
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FELIX/versions/12343656
>
> Staging repository:
> *https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1245/
> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1245/>*

> signatures:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>
> Usage:
> sh check_staged_release.sh 1245 /tmp/felix-staging
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> Here is my