Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by David Van Couvering <Da...@sun.com> on 2005/03/23 16:46:16 UTC

Jakarta servlet jar files?

Hi, all.  I am trying to following the BUILDING.txt document for
building Derby.  It says I should get the latest build jar files for the
servlet API from

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-servletapi-4/nightly/

but when I go there, it is an empty folder.  The only thing I can find
are the jar files built by Gump at

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public-jars/jakarta-servletapi-4/

What gives?  Should I be using the Gump jar files?   Isn't there a more
official build I should be pulling from somewhere?  The Gump site
explicitly says "Don't use these artifacts other than for Gumping".

Thanks,

David

Re: Jakarta servlet jar files?

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:46:16 -0800, David Van Couvering
<Da...@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.  I am trying to following the BUILDING.txt document for
> building Derby.  It says I should get the latest build jar files for the
> servlet API from
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-servletapi-4/nightly/

Jeremy Boynes recently added the Geronimo's reference servlet.jar to
Subversion, and I updated the instructions in BUILDING.txt to reflect
this. If you have checked out the code using Subversion, please do an
'svn update' and this file should be extracted from the repository to
tools/java/geronimo-spec-servlet-2.4-rc4.jar in your local view and
the need to download the file elsewhere should be resolved.

andrew