Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Graham Wright <gw...@peopledoc.com> on 2000/11/10 18:45:25 UTC

Re: JCE/Tomcat

A workaround for this exception was given in an earlier posting by John
Ellis -

The answer is in the system property java.protocol.handler.pkgs.
This property controls how the URL gets parsed (among other things).  If
the property is not set, the VM defaults to "sun.net.www.protocol"
package.  In the class init of Tomcat, the property is set to the
package for tomcat url loading.
This package must not correctly handle loading resources from signed jar
files (or something like that).  The workaround is to set the property
sun.net.www.protocol on the command line with
-Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=sun.net.www.protocol.  Then the tomcat one
gets tacked on to the end of the default sun implementation like it
should.  According to Graham, this problem is fixed in 3.2b6.

Graham Wright

> Hi,
> Anyone out there successfully using JCE 1.2.1 w/ Tomcat 3.x and JDK1.2.2?
>
> We keep getting this:
>
> When this code executes:
> Security.addProvider(new com.sub.crypto.provider.SunJCE());
>
> "Keep getting java.lang.ExceptionInIntializerError: java.lang.SecurityException:
> Cannot set up certs for trusted CAs"
>
> Now when we execute this outside of Tomcat it works. Any ideas?
>
> thanks!

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged. It is
intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your
system. You should not otherwise copy, retransmit, use or disclose its
contents to anyone.