Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Donald Edgar <do...@hotmail.com> on 2002/01/16 14:37:11 UTC

Axis configuration problem

Hi,

I was hoping someone could point out where I've gone wrong in my
configuration. I'm running WLS6.0 with Axis-Alpha3 and xerces1.4.2. When I
try to register the Stock sample service with the command:

java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient -d -l
http://localhost:7001/axis/services/AdminService samples\stock\deploy.wsdd

I get the following exception on the server (see below). This looks very
much like a versioning problem - but I'm using the JAXP files from the
xerces1.4.2 jar (or so I believe!). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Donald.

Stack dump:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(Deserialization
Context.java:204)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:378)
        at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:200
)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:288)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:48
5)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:213)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:1302)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:1676)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

Posted by Xiao Juguang <ju...@fugu-sg.org>.
unsubscribe me

unsubscribe me

Posted by Xiao Juguang <ju...@fugu-sg.org>.
unsubscribe me

RE: Axis configuration problem

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.
Donald,

Just a guess...does Axis have the same issue with the XML parser and the
classpath as Apache-SOAP does?

I think I saw that same exception once (under Apache-SOAP), and it was
because I didn't have Xerces at the front of my classpath.

HTH.

-Chris

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.

RE: Axis configuration problem