Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by David Goldfield <dg...@asb.org> on 2014/05/01 18:27:18 UTC

More on OpenOffice Hangs ...

It's interesting, because I can consistently get OO Writer 4.1 to hang for about 30 seconds, just as it does when I open the "Little Women" file.  Specifically, if I go into the View menu and either show or hide the ruler, Writer hangs and the title bar says "not responding" along with the name of the file.  This happens for around half a minute and then I can access the file.  I am quite sure it's something to do with my system and not with the program but I'm wondering if any of you might have suggestions for things I could look for or alter.