Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Amy Mead <am...@triad.rr.com> on 2001/11/07 17:36:02 UTC

JDOM import and Cocoon 1.8

I'm trying to use JDOM and have placed the jdom.jar in my main Tomcat
(3.2.1) lib directory.

To check that the import is going to work correctly, I wrote a simple xml
file that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">
<xsp:structure>
<xsp:include>org.jdom.*</xsp:include>
</xsp:structure>
<page title="Samet Press Releases">
<xsp:logic>
</xsp:logic>
</page>
</xsp:page>

If I remove the <xsp:structure> tags and the line between (which does the
import of the jdom.jar files), then it works fine and I get "Hello".  With
the import, I'm getting the following errors (among others):

24: class _usr._local._apache._sites._amead_spinweb_net._htdocs._Jdomtest
must be declared abstract. It does not define void
populateDocument(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse, org.w3c.dom.Document) from class
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPPage.
    public class _Jdomtest extends XSPPage {
                 ^
28: Ambiguous class: org.w3c.dom.Document and org.jdom.Document
      public void populateDocument(

I've been all over the discussion groups and can't find anything specific.
I even saw one posting of this exact error, but no resolution.  I know that
JDOM can be used with Cocoon, but am stuck.  I'd appreciate any input.
- Amy Mead