Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> on 2007/05/20 11:46:12 UTC

action mappings in the service.xml file.

Hi,

When I use wsdl2code to generate my services.xml, stubs and skeletons
how do i control the actionMapping uris that are generated and used in
these files.

For instance the default actionMapping elements generated for my service
are shown below

<operation name="SetupStartElement"
     mep="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl/in-out">
       <actionMapping>\"\"</actionMapping>

       <outputActionMapping>

http://www.ipsphereforum.org/ws/ipsf-framework/200703/ipsf-s3.wsdl/SMSChildPT/SetupStartElementResponse</outputActionMapping>
     </operation>

but I would like to use the following

     <operation name="SetupStartElement"
mep="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl/in-out">
       <actionMapping>

urn:www.comware.com.au:ispshere:service:smschild:s3:SetupStartElementRequest
       </actionMapping>

       <outputActionMapping>

urn:www.comware.com.au:ispshere:service:smschild:s3:SetupStartElementResponse
       </outputActionMapping>
     </operation>

do I need to configure my wsdl or some other file to achieve this

cheers
</jima>

Re: action mappings in the service.xml file.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

Jim Alateras wrote:
> I have been able to get axis2 to correctly generate the actionMapping
> and outputActionMapping uris in the service.xml and client stub files.
>
> The actionMapping seems to be picked up from the soapAction attribute
> in the wsdl:binding section of the wsdl document.
>
>   <wsdl:binding name="SMSChildSOAP" type="wipsf:SMSChildPT">
>     <soap:binding style="document"
> transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
>     <wsdl:operation name="SetupStartElement">
>       <soap:operation style="document"
> soapAction="urn:org.ipshere:smschild:s3:SetupStartElementRequest"/>
>       <wsdl:input>
>         <soap:body use="literal"/>
>       </wsdl:input>
>       <wsdl:output>
>         <soap:body use="literal"/>
>       </wsdl:output>
>     </wsdl:operation>
>

> Whereas  the outputActionMapping is picked up from wsdl:portType
> section of the wsdl document
>
>   <wsdl:operation name="SetupStartElement">
>       <wsdl:input message="wipsf:SetupStartRequest"/>
>      <wsdl:output message="wipsf:SetupStartResponse"
> wsaw:Action="urn:org.ipshere:smschild:s3:SetupStartElementResponse"/>
>

> Strangely though specifying the wsaw:Action in the wsdl:input element.
> as shown below and specfied in the ws-a wsdl binding specification,
> does not work
>
>     <wsdl:operation name="SetupStartElement">
>       <wsdl:input message="wipsf:SetupStartRequest"
>     wsaw:Action="urn:org.ipshere:smschild:s3:SetupStartElementRequest"/>
>       <wsdl:output message="wipsf:SetupStartResponse"
>    wsaw:Action="urn:org.ipshere:smschild:s3:SetupStartElementResponse"/>
>     </wsdl:operation>
>

> Will this be supported in the future?
Yes we will, please create a enhancement JIRA  request .

Thanks
Deepal

Re: action mappings in the service.xml file.

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au>.
I have been able to get axis2 to correctly generate the actionMapping
and outputActionMapping uris in the service.xml and client stub files.

The actionMapping seems to be picked up from the soapAction attribute in
the wsdl:binding section of the wsdl document.

   <wsdl:binding name="SMSChildSOAP" type="wipsf:SMSChildPT">
     <soap:binding style="document"
transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
     <wsdl:operation name="SetupStartElement">
       <soap:operation style="document"
soapAction="urn:org.ipshere:smschild:s3:SetupStartElementRequest"/>
       <wsdl:input>
         <soap:body use="literal"/>
       </wsdl:input>
       <wsdl:output>
         <soap:body use="literal"/>
       </wsdl:output>
     </wsdl:operation>

Whereas  the outputActionMapping is picked up from wsdl:portType section
of the wsdl document