Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by fahim salim <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/11 19:00:15 UTC

sca binding

Hello all

I have used SCA binding in the calculator distributed sample on two machines
and it works fine.
But do you know how SCA runtime deals with this kind of binding?
I mean what sort of stub are generated ? What kind of binding is really
used  behind (web service, jms ...?)

Thanks
Fahim

Re: sca binding

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> By taking a quick look at the code, looks like there are currently 3
> options to be used as the SCA Binding (webservices, corba and JMS),
> and if I recall correctly, webservices is the default one, and the
> choice is made by witch of these 3 possible SCA bindings are in your
> classpath... Note that I'm not 100% sure... others that have been
> working on this code could confirm what I just said.
>
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:00 AM, fahim salim <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all
> >
> > I have used SCA binding in the calculator distributed sample on two
> machines
> > and it works fine.
> > But do you know how SCA runtime deals with this kind of binding?
> > I mean what sort of stub are generated ? What kind of binding is really
> > used  behind (web service, jms ...?)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Fahim
> >

> --
> Luciano Resende
> Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Hi

Yes, Luciano is right here. With these distributed types of scenarios one of
the benefits of SCA is that it provides this default
binding.sca with sorts out the remote messaging for you. Under the covers in
Tuscany we wrote a binding.sca.axis2 initially which, as you might
expect, uses web services under the covers. Recently people have created jms
and corba versions of binding.sca. We have done less testing
with these. A luciano says which one it used depends on which one is on the
classpath.

Regards

Simon

Re: sca binding