Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/18 04:50:56 UTC

Quick check on Linting tools for Apache Royale

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I used any code quality tools with Apache Royale.
I'm keen for some updated suggestions if you have any... to be clear: this
is about the actionscript/css/mxml, not about the generated javascript.

I worked on a project some years ago (when it was still FlexJS) where we
used SonarQube, and that was working at the time (as part of a maven build)
and was useful (although I think it may have been limited to actionscript
code blocks inside mxml and not working with mxml itself...).

Has anyone used SonarQube or perhaps tried to use Flex PMD or anything else
recently, with Apache Royale? Would be keen to hear your thoughts and/or
recommendations!

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Quick check on Linting tools for Apache Royale

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

That does sound like a great idea to me.
I'm not sure to what degree I could help, but if you do get to the point
where you want to work on such a thing, and assuming I can find the time,
I'd be happy to help.

-Greg

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@bowlerhat.dev>.

RE: [Non-DoD Source] Quick check on Linting tools for Apache Royale

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
Greg,
    Currently we are still using v9.3 of SonarQube and v18 for the JDK.

-Mark K

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil.INVALID>.
Greg,

Posted by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com>.