Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/31 03:55:00 UTC

How to add nodes to existing cluster?

I am trying to add nodes to an existing working cluster. Do I need to bring
the entire cluster down or just shutting down and restarting the namenode
after adding the new machine list to the slaves would work?

Amandeep

Re: How to add nodes to existing cluster?

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.
If you want them to also start automatically, and for the slaves.sh command
to work as expected, add the names to the conf/slaves file also.

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Lohit

Posted by lohit <lo...@yahoo.com>.