Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Olivier Thomas <ol...@wanadoo.fr> on 2001/02/28 05:50:52 UTC

SSL between MS-SOAP and Apache

Hi,

I already asked this questions couple of weeks ago, I had sone good
suggestions but nobody had the same experience as me. So I try my chance
again...

I try to make a VB Client using MS SOAP TK 2.0 Beta 1 talk to an Apache SOAP
server through SSL. I am using SOAP 2.0 with one of the latest
soap-nightly.jar. I promise I will soon move to 2.1 '-)
For SSL, I am using Apache with mod_ssl. My server certificate is not a real
one, I creatd my own CA for test but I don't think it should be the cause of
the error because it occurs very early.

My client uses the low-level API and a WinInetConnector object whose
property "UseSSL" is set to true.
When I connect through SSL, I have the following error message: "You are
trying to talk plain HTTP to an SSL server". This message happens
immediately so I don't think the server certificate is the cause. At least
not at this point.
I can connect using HTTP and I can also connect to my server using a browser
through SSL.

My question is : has anybody experienced the same thing or (better) a
successful connection ? All suggestions are welcome because I am really
stuck with that.

Thanks for your support,
Olivier.