Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by budcurtis <bu...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/01 00:06:35 UTC

XBean Jetty config for ActiveMQ?

I'm trying to include the jetty configuration in the ActiveMQ XBEAN:

  <jetty xmlns="http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0">
    <connectors>
      <nioConnector port="8161" />
    </connectors>
    <handlers>
      <webAppContext contextPath="/admin"
             resourceBase="${activemq.base}/webapps/admin"
logUrlOnStart="true" />
    </handlers>
  </jetty>

but the URL http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0 is not available.

I get the exception:
BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unrecognized xbean namespace mapping:
http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0

Can someone tell what URL to use, or is it basically unavailable and I
should try another configuration method.

Re: XBean Jetty config for ActiveMQ?

Posted by budcurtis <bu...@gmail.com>.
I ran the activeMQ batch file with ACTIVEMQ_CLASSPATH set to every jar in lib
and lib/option with the same results as reported before.:confused:  I
verified it was being passed in by setting ECHO ON in the batch file.  I
have no idea what it may require in additional jars.  I also tried to get
the SNAPSHOT 5 as you suggested from the Active MQ download page, but that
has alluded me also (I can't see how to download it).

The following shows the first couple line of the exception:
xbean:file:/dev_tools/apache-activemq-4.1.1/conf/rpm_activemq.xml
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unrecognized
xbean namespace mapping: http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unrecognized
xbean namespace mapping: http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:70)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:50)
	at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:65)

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 9/5/07, budcurtis <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for that explanation. =) That is what I didn't understand, the
> embedded Jetty is not until ActiveMQ 5.0.

No worries, our bad - we don't always document exactly when each
feature is released etc.

So can you switch from SONIC now? :)

> Can you explain what the ACTIVEMQ_CLASSPATH attribute is suppose to contain.
> For example, is it intended to contain the jars in the lib/optional or are
> those automatically added to the classpath by the
> org.apache.activemq.console.Main in the bin/run.jar of ActiveMQ?

Correct; all the jars in lib/**/*.jar are added to the classpath by
the org.apache.activemq.console.Main. IIRC ACTIVEMQ_CLASSPATH is just
there for an easy way for users to add new stuff to the classpath.

--
James
-------

Re: XBean Jetty config for ActiveMQ?

Posted by budcurtis <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Note the classpath in 4.1.1 isn't designed to run Jetty embedded in
the activemq.xml; thats an ActiveMQ 5.x thing.

So I'd recommend grabbing 5.0-SNAPSHOT (which is being released any
day now.... :) then firstly starting the broker o check things work on
your platform. If it does, the jetty should start and a number of web
apps (the admin console & web demos) should all start fine.

Once you've got that far - you should be able to start tinkering
setting your CLASSPATH up to the contents of lib/**/*.jar and hacking
the activemq.xml to your hearts content.

On 9/4/07, budcurtis <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to switch to a properties file.  The reason I was using the XML
> configuration was it would let me configure Jetty for monitoring the message
> broker via the browser.  Anyway, the properties set also failed with the
> following error:
>
> Could not find factory class for resource:
> META-INF/services/org/apache/activemq/broker/properties
>
> I searched the entire set of libraries and could not find a path as
> indicated in any of the JARS.  I have 4.1.1 binary and thought it would be
> the most stable and deliverable to our company, but for the moment it looks
> shaky.  I donn't see how we will ever consider it over the simple VM message
> exchange for JUnit testing purposes.
>
> Please help.  I would like to get us off SONIC, but things are looking very
> dim at the moment.
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > You've probably not got the correct jars on the classpath? e.g. grab a
> > 5.0-SNAPSHOT of ActiveMQ, see its activemq.xml and its classpath (the
> > jars on the lib directory) and check your classpath against it.
> >
> > On 8/31/07, budcurtis <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm trying to include the jetty configuration in the ActiveMQ XBEAN:
> >>
> >>   <jetty xmlns="http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0">
> >>     <connectors>
> >>       <nioConnector port="8161" />
> >>     </connectors>
> >>     <handlers>
> >>       <webAppContext contextPath="/admin"
> >>              resourceBase="${activemq.base}/webapps/admin"
> >> logUrlOnStart="true" />
> >>     </handlers>
> >>   </jetty>
> >>
> >> but the URL http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0 is not available.
> >>
> >> I get the exception:
> >> BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unrecognized xbean namespace mapping:
> >> http://mortbay.com/schemas/jetty/1.0
> >>
> >> Can someone tell what URL to use, or is it basically unavailable and I
> >> should try another configuration method.
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > James
> > -------