Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Ashok Kumar <as...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/05/25 05:11:50 UTC

Using Java in Spark shell

Hello,
A newbie question.
Is it possible to use java code directly in spark shell without using maven to build a jar file?
How can I switch from scala to java in spark shell?
Thanks

Re: Using Java in Spark shell

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I found this:

:javap <path|class>        disassemble a file or class name

But no direct interpretation of Java code.

Re: Using Java in Spark shell

Posted by Keith <hi...@gmail.com>.

There is no java shell in spark.