Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by amisudiptasen <su...@mjunction.in> on 2015/05/28 07:16:45 UTC

Record result of multiple thread group in non gui mode of jmeter

Hello,
I have a script containing 3 thread groups. I want to run the script via
non-gui mode and want to obatin 3 diffrernt result file of 3 thread groups
(".jtl") via non guid mode. If i try to run it via this command (jmeter -n
-t abc.jmx -l results.jtl) , it fails. Please help me with the command where
i can capture the reults of 3 diffrent thread groups present in the script.

Re: Record result of multiple thread group in non gui mode of jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28 May 2015 at 06:16, amisudiptasen <su...@mjunction.in> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a script containing 3 thread groups. I want to run the script via
> non-gui mode and want to obatin 3 diffrernt result file of 3 thread groups
> (".jtl") via non guid mode. If i try to run it via this command (jmeter -n
> -t abc.jmx -l results.jtl) , it fails.

What do you mean by "fails"?
What did you expect?
What actually happened?

Which version of JMeter? Java?

> Please help me with the command where
> i can capture the reults of 3 diffrent thread groups present in the script.

The command you quoted should capture all the samples from all the
thread groups in results.jtl.
It works for me.

What was captured in the file when you tried it?

Re: Record result of multiple thread group in non gui mode of jmeter

Posted by amisudiptasen <su...@mjunction.in>.
Thanks for reply. But the challenge i am currently facing is that i have a
script comprising of 3 diffrent thread groups. I want to run the script via
NON-GUI mode and  also want to record individually the result of 3 thread
groups. When i use the '-l' flag in non -gui mode for only 1 thread group,
it runs fine and records the reusult. But when i increase the threads, it
fails to record the result in differnt files.

Can you help me with that???

-----
Sudipta Sen