Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org> on 2003/01/13 12:16:22 UTC

socket multiplexor

Hi to all,

I wonder if someone of you have an idea where I to find a
permanents sockets multiplexor.

Something like this is the jpolld used by some jabber site,
where x clients connections are routed to a single server,
on a single socket.

I started to take a look to write on using APR but If something
allready exist ...

Regards

Re: socket multiplexor

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> "Henri Gomez" <hg...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>Hi to all,
>>
>>I wonder if someone of you have an idea where I to find a
>>permanents sockets multiplexor.
>>
>>Something like this is the jpolld used by some jabber site,
>>where x clients connections are routed to a single server,
>>on a single socket.
>>
>>I started to take a look to write on using APR but If something
>>allready exist ...
>

> I was looking into it last year... Performances are just BAD... :-)

Yes there may be a small loss in performance but I really need
something like this

Re: socket multiplexor

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Henri Gomez" <hg...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I wonder if someone of you have an idea where I to find a
> permanents sockets multiplexor.
>
> Something like this is the jpolld used by some jabber site,
> where x clients connections are routed to a single server,
> on a single socket.
>
> I started to take a look to write on using APR but If something
> allready exist ...

I was looking into it last year... Performances are just BAD... :-)

    Pier