Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "McCann, Mike" <mc...@mbari.org> on 2003/05/07 18:28:09 UTC

PersistenceBrokerAware changes in rc3

Hi,

I'm brand new to the list, so I hope I'm posting an appropriate question.

I just downloaded rc3 and noticed that the PersistenceBrokerAware Interface has changed from what it was in rc2.  beforeStore() and afterStore() now appear to be beforeUpdate and afterUpdate.  Also, a PersistenceBroker object is now required to be passed.

The "instance callbacks" section of tutorial3 (in rc3) still uses the rc2 methods.  Is there new documentation for the rc3 methods?  I'm concerned about this change as we're using the PersistenceBrokerAware interface in a package that does not have access to the repository.xml, and I'm not sure how I would get a PersistenceBroker object to pass.

Would someone please help me understand the new PersistenceBrokerAware interface and how I can use it?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

--
Mike McCann (mccann@mbari.org)
7700 Sandholdt Road

Re: PersistenceBrokerAware changes in rc3

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
> I'm brand new to the list, so I hope I'm posting an appropriate
question.

> I just downloaded rc3 and noticed that the PersistenceBrokerAware
Interface has changed from what it was in rc2.  beforeStore() and
afterStore() now appear to be beforeUpdate and afterUpdate.  Also, a
PersistenceBroker object is now required to be passed.

> The "instance callbacks" section of tutorial3 (in rc3) still uses the
rc2 methods.  Is there new documentation for the rc3 methods?

oh, sorry I had overlooked this. Will update documentation ASAP.

> I'm concerned about this change as we're using the
PersistenceBrokerAware
> interface in a package that does not have access to the
repository.xml, and I'm not
> sure how I would get a PersistenceBroker object to pass.

The PB instance was passed by OJB to the persistent object
implementing the PersistenceBrokerAware interface.

> Would someone please help me understand the new PersistenceBrokerAware
interface and how I can use it?

Use it in the same way as before. You only need to change the
method signature of your 'old' persistence aware objects.
But now you will get the current used PB-instance to deal
with (if necessary).
It's a little rough to change the api without declare it deprecated
before, but we don't want to tow deprecated code to final 1.0 and
this change really make sense.

HTH

regards,
Armin