Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/27 13:50:11 UTC

Service question

Hello there! Is it possible to have a service bound to a specific listener
on my page? I mean, my page still uses the default service, but one of it's
methods is bound to a different service.

What I'm trying to do is to use Ajax (please not the Tacos Ajax system, it's
great but too complex for what I have in mind), so I'll have a link where
it'll invoke a method using Ajax, since I need to write to the header of the
response, I need it to be an specific service. Also it needs to invoke a
listener on my page, since one of the parameters of the service is going to
be an entity loaded by the application (depending on the parameters
specified by the links). So a flow would be this:

User clicks on link -> Page's listener is called -> Retreive the entity from
DB -> stores it as a service parameter -> Service process it and output the
xml on the response

Any ideas?

Regards

Re: Service question

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
Why do you want to use a _page_ listener? Why just don't create a service
which service() method would be that listener?

Btw, tacos as far as I know invokes a page's listener. So tacos is what you
need. It's not too complex at all.

Re: Service question

Posted by Ivano <i....@mclink.it>.
X-Tile from Tapestry Deli?