Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com> on 2000/08/11 15:31:06 UTC

W3C, SVG and FOP

What about an annoucement about the release 0.14?

Images have improved, SVG was introduced and can be used for PDF, print
and on-screen display. We could send a notice to the W3C SVG working
group and this might increase the awareness of FOP.

Stephan

Re: W3C, SVG and FOP

Posted by Max Froumentin <mf...@w3.org>.
Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com> writes:

> We could send a notice to the W3C SVG working group and this might
> increase the awareness of FOP.

That would be a fine idea, although I would suggest you first make fo
accept the namespace uri for the new SVG candidate recommendation (as
of 8 Aug):

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20000802/DTD/svg-20000802.dtd

Max.

--
Max Froumentin - W3C
mf@w3.org

Re: W3C, SVG and FOP

Posted by Max Froumentin <mf...@w3.org>.
It's true that I haven't seen a lot of implementation annoucements in
WG mailing lists. However, as XSL is moving to CR, I'm sure the WG
will be happy to have that information for the implementation report.

Max.

Re: W3C, SVG and FOP

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 11:05 AM 8/15/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com> writes:
>
>> What about the SVG working group?
>>   www-svg@w3.org
>
>www-svg is not the mailing list of the SVG working group. It is the
>public svg list. Chris being the W3C staff contact for the SVG WG,
>he'll probably forward your announcement to the SVG WG.
>
>As for XSL, you might want to send your annoucement to the XSL WG and
>the XSL-FO subgroup. I'm surprised Arved hasn't sent it to those lists
>already.
>
>Max.

Arved is basically getting his ducks in a row when it comes to mailing lists
and FOP release notifications. :-)

I did actually send to the public SVG list; I'll sort that out and make sure
it ends up with the SVG WG in future.

It hadn't crossed my mind to send implementation release announcements
directly to the XSL/XSL-FO WG's, mostly for two reasons. One, I'm not
certain as to what either WG would do with an implementation, formally. Two,
I didn't want to be doing it if other implementors aren't doing it
themselves. I'm talking to the XSL-FO WG on issues related to the upcoming
CR and I'll ask about whether they would like release announcements from the
implementor community.

In any case I figured that XSL/XSL-FO WG members have to be getting news
from other sources.

Arved

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"

Re: W3C, SVG and FOP

Posted by Max Froumentin <mf...@w3.org>.

Re: W3C, SVG and FOP

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 03:15 PM 8/14/00 +0200, Stephan Albers wrote:
>Arved Sandstrom schrieb:
>>
>> I sent release announcements to the following:
>>
>> w3c: xsl news
>> Chris Lilley <ch...@w3.org>
>
>What about the SVG working group?
>  www-svg@w3.org
>
>Stephan
>stephan.albers@jcatalog.com

Consider it done.

Re: W3C, SVG and FOP

Posted by Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com>.

Re: W3C, SVG and FOP

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
I sent release announcements to the following:

w3c: xsl news
Chris Lilley <ch...@w3.org>

xmlhack.com:
info@xmlhack.com

Free XML software:
larsga@garshol.priv.no

XML Software
linda@xmlsoftware.com

Oasis: The XML Cover pages
robin@isogen.com

xsl-list
XSL-List@mulberrytech.com

I also intend to post on comp.text.xml.

Arved

Re: W3C, SVG and FOP

Posted by Dave Pawson <da...@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk>.
At 03:31 PM 8/11/00 +0200, you wrote:
>What about an annoucement about the release 0.14?
>
>Images have improved, SVG was introduced and can be used for PDF, print
>and on-screen display. We could send a notice to the W3C SVG working
>group and this might increase the awareness of FOP.

and on the xslt list please :-)

Same intention.

Regards DaveP