Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Matthew Good <mg...@micropact.com> on 2004/03/22 16:07:51 UTC

configure problems with Sleepycat 4.2.52

I'm attempting to build Subversion 1.0.1 on Solaris using the 4.2.52
version of the Sleepycat/Berkley DB recommended in the installation
guide.  I've built and installed the DB libraries, however when I try to
run Subversion's configure script it doesn't seem to be checking for the
4.2 libraries.  The checking begins at 4.1 and goes back from there.  It
finds the db.h file, but it also seems to be looking for files in a
directory "db4" which doesn't exist.  Should I get the 4.1 DB instead,
or is there something else I need to do to get Subversion to build with
the 4.2.52 libraries?

-Matt

Re: configure problems with Sleepycat 4.2.52

Posted by Michael Legart <mi...@legart.dk>.
Matthew Good wrote:

> directory “db4” which doesn’t exist.  Should I get the 4.1 DB instead,
> or is there something else I need to do to get Subversion to build with
> the 4.2.52 libraries?

To use 4.2.52 you need to use

./configure --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/Berkeley-DB-4.2.52

(or similar) when building Subversion

Re: configure problems with Sleepycat 4.2.52

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 10:07, Matthew Good wrote:
> I’m attempting to build Subversion 1.0.1 on Solaris using the 4.2.52
> version of the Sleepycat/Berkley DB recommended in the installation
> guide.  I’ve built and installed the DB libraries, however when I try
> to run Subversion’s configure script it doesn’t seem to be checking
> for the 4.2 libraries.  The checking begins at 4.1 and goes back from
> there.  It finds the db.h file, but it also seems to be looking for
> files in a directory “db4” which doesn’t exist.  Should I get the 4.1
> DB instead, or is there something else I need to do to get Subversion
> to build with the 4.2.52 libraries?

See the FAQ about this:

http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html#linux-bdb42-build