Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Jan Kotek <op...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/23 23:30:34 UTC

JDBM2 released

Hi,

I am proud to announce stable release of JDBM2. It is 1.0 fork which
adds lot of stuff, most notably:
 * java.util.Map view to indexes
 * soft cache
 * secondary map (aka foreign indexes in SQL)
 * better speed
 * defragmentation
 * more space efficient
 * under Apache 2 license.

However it does not solve biggest problem you had with 1.0. There is
still 'big lock' and concurrency access does not scale well. Readonly
access is very fast, thanks to soft cache.
API and file store format are similar, but incompatible with 1.0

http://code.google.com/p/jdbm2/
http://www.kotek.net/blog/jdbm2_released

Regards,
Jan Kotek

Re: JDBM2 released

Posted by Jan Kotek <op...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
> Yeah, at this point, we need something like MVCC implemented in JDBM 3.0

I am afraid I dont have plans for MVCC in JDBM.
Having single transaction greatly reduces complexity and I dont really
need it in my desktop app.

JK

Re: JDBM2 released

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 12/23/10 11:30 PM, Jan Kotek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am proud to announce stable release of JDBM2. It is 1.0 fork which
> adds lot of stuff, most notably:
>   * java.util.Map view to indexes
>   * soft cache
>   * secondary map (aka foreign indexes in SQL)
>   * better speed
>   * defragmentation
>   * more space efficient
>   * under Apache 2 license.