Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Esteban Fernandez Stafford <es...@webtogo.de> on 2003/01/08 12:02:05 UTC

streamed filtering

Hello,

in november there was a plan to prototype the stream interface in Perl.
I would like to know the status of it. I am particularly interested
in new features for the output filter api. I have been missing a way of
creating a context for the filter.

Thanks in advance! And happy new year!

                           E             s          t      e    b  a n!

:wq

Re: streamed filtering

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Esteban Fernandez Stafford wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in november there was a plan to prototype the stream interface in Perl.
> I would like to know the status of it. I am particularly interested
> in new features for the output filter api. I have been missing a way of
> creating a context for the filter.

I've a very basic filter context read/write working, will commit it
soon. Then we probably need to add the TIE interface to make it more
perlish.

Currently it's:
$ctx = $f->ctx;
$ctx = whatever;
$f->ctx($ctx);

or may be it should just stay this way.

As for prototyping the stream interface for input filters and improving
both kind of filters, I didn't have a chance to do so yet. But stay
tuned, as we need to discuss things especially with those who have
played with filters and not what's missing/awkward/wrong in the current
implementation.